This is Nick Hess' personal website. My old website at Photobooks died a horrible death and so here I am!
Some random stuff until I get some more of my old content back from Limbo:
- I was born and live in Atlanta. As my brother has said, "It's a great place to live, but I wouldn't want to visit there."
- I am happily married to a professional violinist. To my mind, this is the single most amazing part of my life.
- I went to Georgia Tech, a cold, horrible, uncaring place full of insane demands, soul-deadening tedium, and crushing deadlines. I emerged ready to enter the working world!
- I work as an application architect for weather.com. It's much nicer than Tech.
- I also help run a local nonprofit group, The Mad Housers.
- I also volunteer with the Atlanta Harm Reduction Center, but not nearly as much as I used to or should, dammit.
- Every now and again I post stuff on my blog, but don't get your hopes up.
- I like the Burning Man, and have gone every year since 1998.
- If you were to take my first name in lowercase, add a dot, take my last name in lowercase, add an "at" sign (@), and then follow it with the strange phrase "gmail.com", you would have an email address. Isn't that interesting? Shouldn't spammers die horrible deaths?